Guacamole with bacon, goat cheese, and maple-chipotle drizzle
Guacamole. It’s simple, it can stand by itself as an appetizer (that stands NO chance in our house, as we can gobble down chips and guac almost as fast as an avocado will turn past it’s prime) or it can be used as a creamy and colorful topping to your salads, tacos, or morning eggs! But sometimes the simplicity of good ole’ guac feels little done for me… but Emily from @Forkd Food Blog showed me that a Vermonter’s twist on guac is anything but boring. All your favorite guac favorites mixed with Vermont goat cheese (for extra tang, reminiscent of queso fresco), bacon, and maple-chipotle drizzle will have flavors singing in your mouth.
Need I mention that we haven’t celebrated a big game of Football at the Stewart Maple house without this resting on the coffee table front and center of the action since? Try for yourself and let us know what you think!
• 3 ripe avocados
• 1/2 small onion, finely diced
• 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
• 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and deveined, finely diced)
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 3 strips of bacon (chopped)
• 2 tbsp goat cheese
•1 tablespoon Stewart’s Maple Syrup
• 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder
• Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin and place in a mixing bowl or Molcajete.
• Mash the avocado with a fork, potato masher or pestle until you achieve desired consistency.
• Add lime juice, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and salt. Stir until well incorporated.
• Transfer to desired serving dish. Using the back of a spoon, create a deep swirl in your guacamole (think of it as a Motte for your toppings).
• Sprinkle with bacon and goat cheese.
• In a small dish, mix maple syrup and chipotle powder. Finish by drizzling guacamole with your syrup mixture. And viola!
• Enjoy this sweet and savory combination with your favorite tortilla chips.
• Use Maple Pepper with Habanero to kick up the spice and replace the salt
• Obsessed with the Chipotle-Maple Drizzle? (Me too!) Try Habanero-Infused Maple Syrup for the drizzle on this guacamole for some sweet heat
This recipe is a Stewart Maple and Forkd collaboration. For more great recipes, check out www.forkd.squarespace.com